Brown Babies: The Mischlingskinder Story reveals the tragic lives of biracial, bicultural children, unwanted, ignored and forgotten by enemy nations. Imagine being born in a place and time where racism and hatred run rampant, and your mother is white and German and your father is a black American serviceman. Brown Babies tells the painful and personal story of a forgotten piece of world history through eyes of the people who suffered most.
Emmy award-winning TV News Executive Producer Regina Griffin is the director, writer and producer of Brown Babies. The original music was composed by Bobby Burwell, whose work has been featured in several Lionsgate films and Tyler Perry movies.
Featured on CNN and broadcast on Bounce TV, Brown Babies continues to garner national and local attention by winning awards, such as:
- Best Documentary, American Black Film Festival
- Best Film/Audience Award, African-American Women in Cinema
- HBO Finalist, Martha's Vineyard Black Film Festival
- Best Documentary/Nominee, Black Reel Awards
- Official Selection, San Francisco Black Film Festival
- Official Selection, Roxbury International Film Festival
- Official Selection, Reel Civil Rights Film Festival
Ethnic Studies; Children, Youth & Families; History; Human Rights; International Relations & Global Issues; Peace & Conflict Studies; Psychology and Social Work; American Studies; Sociology
- Individual - for individual/home use only - $34.95
- Institutional/K-12 Licenses - for K-12 Schools, Public Libraries, and other select groups in one geographical location (does not include online institutions) - $195.00
- Institutional/Univ Licenses - for Universities, Colleges, and Corporations in one geographical location (does not include online institutions) - $295.00
- Online Institutional Licenses - please contact Regina Griffin Films directly.
Click here to purchase a copy of the film.
Video Librarian, January-February 2014, Vol. 29, No. 1